RE: What's the significance of a draft

Subject: RE: What's the significance of a draft
From: "Kane, Beth" <Beth -dot- Kane -at- ncslearn -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 17:35:31 -0500

What your boss did to you is certainly dastardly. In 11 years of tech
writing, I've never had anyone grab a draft off my desk. You should start
hiding your drafts, and look for work elsewhere, I'd say!

You asked about the number of drafts we produce. That always depends on the
project, and the people involved. _Rough_ drafts? Either none, or just one.
Depends on the project's complexity and the solidity of the info I'm given.
And I almost always edit my work at work, not home.

Beth Kane
Technical Engineering Services Tech Writer
NCS Learn, an NCS Pearson business
5451 E. Williams Blvd., #151
Tucson, Arizona 85711
Phone: 520.784.7048 or
1.800.937.6682, x7048
beth -dot- kane -at- ncslearn -dot- com
www.ncslearn.com

If you were not an intended recipient,

Acrobat & FrameMaker Seminars: PDF Best Practices, FrameMaker-to-Acrobat
Advanced Techniques, FM Template Design, Single Sourcing with FrameMaker
in Brussels (Oct), and in Montreal & Dallas (Dec): http://www.microtype.com/1

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com