Re: corrupt word file

Subject: Re: corrupt word file
From: dmbrown -at- brown-inc -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2002 18:49:43 -0700

Diane Evans wrote:

> Anyone doing all their requirements work in Word?

Heck, I do everything in Word.

I make PDFs with hyperlinked TOCs, indexes, and cross-references. Some have hundreds of graphics, large and small, and dozens of tables. Some of them exceed 200 pages, and I've done much larger books than that--the largest was a bit over 400 pages, if I remember correctly. I use conditional text for multiple versions from single source files. I've created books that spanned several files, using RD fields to pull them all together, but nowadays modern computers allow me to store each book in a single file.

My reviewers type their comments right into copies of the .doc file, so I don't have to kill trees or pay for shipment to and from remote sites. I use the Compare Documents feature to find their comments in the returned files, and I don't have to call them up to help me interpret their handwriting.

Best of all, I *love* how easy it is to do all of this in Word.

--David

N O W A V A I L A B L E ! http://www.html-indexer.com/

HTML Indexer 4 is still the easiest way to create and maintain indexes
for web sites, intranets, HTML Help, JavaHelp, and other HTML documents.

Now with fully integrated cross-references, target frames and windows,
multiple-file output, "one-step accept" of default entries, and more!

Acrobat & FrameMaker Seminars: PDF Best Practices, FrameMaker-to-Acrobat
Advanced Techniques, FM Template Design, Single Sourcing with FrameMaker
in Brussels (Oct), and in Montreal & Dallas (Dec): http://www.microtype.com/1

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com