Job hunting in Canada

Subject: Job hunting in Canada
From: "Andy Kubrin" <kubrin -at- attbi -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 00:37:40 -0600

Greetings all,

I'm a U.S. citizen, well-established in technical communication, who would
like to move to Canada. I've already applied for permanent residence,
which should be approved by next spring, if all goes well. In the
meanwhile, I am eligible for temporary employment under NAFTA, so I am
beginning my job search now.

I would appreciate any advice techwhirlers can provide about job hunting
in Canada. I'm especially interested in tips on developing leads and
enhancing my appeal to Canadian employers. I'd also appreciate advice on
recruiters (whether or not to use them, which ones are good and which are
bad, and how to manage them).

My thanks in advance.

Andy Kubrin
kubrin -at- attbi -dot- com

Absolutely FREE! FrameMaker/Win 6 & 7 Express Customization (v3):
Quick-access buttons & keys to common functions, char tag/font drop-down
lists, charset browser, QRef guides & much more: http://www.microtype.com/2

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com