RE: [great help example for a web-based app]

Subject: RE: [great help example for a web-based app]
From: jgarison -at- ide -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 09:43:46 -0400

Matt et. al.,

IMHO, the differentiator is the ownership of the data.

If you access a site and use someone else's data - as you would on Amazon,
for example - it is not a web application, it is a web site that provides
some sort of e-commerce.

If, however, you access a site where you use your own data, where you can do
more than just pick something to buy, where you can add and delete
information, make changes to the data, then it is a web application.

The difference, if you adhere to this definition, is that the amount of
interactivity in a web application is much higher than it is in a web site.

Just my 2¢,

John

AUTHORING TOOL for MS Word. SAVE $100 on the full version and $50 on the
upgrade. Offer ends 10/31/2002 (code: DTH102250).
http://www.componentone.com/d2hlist1002

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com