RE: [great help example for a web-based app]

Subject: RE: [great help example for a web-based app]
From: "Darren Barefoot" <darren -dot- barefoot -at- capeclear -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 15:04:41 +0100

While I agree with the basic sentiment that "the difference, if you
adhere to this definition, is that the amount of interactivity in a web
application is much higher than it is in a web site," I'm afraid your
criterium is pretty weak. After all, when I use Amazon, I already have
sets of data that I "own" on the site. These include my address, credit
card information, product reviews, favourites lists. For all of these, I
can "add and delete information."

Maybe you're thinking of something like PCAnywhere, where you're
accessing your own remote resources. This is, undeniably, a Web
application, but it's far too narrow a definition. Thanks. DB.

AUTHORING TOOL for MS Word. SAVE $100 on the full version and $50 on the
upgrade. Offer ends 10/31/2002 (code: DTH102250).
http://www.componentone.com/d2hlist1002

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com