RE: Contradictory terms

Subject: RE: Contradictory terms
From: Kim Roper <kim -dot- roper -at- pixelink -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 10:05:54 -0400

Mike O. suggested:

> How about "market-leading, state-of-the-art products...."?
>
> Still a contradiction, though. State-of-the-art kinda implies
> low market penetration (but not always).

How about using "industry-standard" instead of "mainstream"?

Karen's original sentence:
"...by using mainstream, State of the Art products, we are able to recruit
technical support personnel quickly should the business need arise."

How about:
"...by using State-of-the-Art products that conform to industry standards
[for ...], we are able to recruit
technical support personnel quickly should the business need arise."

Or something like that. I've got my head in graphics formats and HTML right
now (with boardware docs and technical notes coming up on the to-do list),
so my spin cycle is a little slow. Any other techmarcomm folks out there?

Sláinte ... Kim
kim.roper at pixelink.com
http://www.pixelink.com/

The nice thing about standards is that there are so many of them to choose
from.
-- Andrew S. Tanenbaum

AUTHORING TOOL for MS Word. SAVE $100 on the full version and $50 on the
upgrade. Offer ends 10/31/2002 (code: DTH102250).
http://www.componentone.com/d2hlist1002

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com