RE: Word PDFMaker Problem

Subject: RE: Word PDFMaker Problem
From: "Grant, Christopher" <CGrant -at- glhec -dot- org>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 09:30:41 -0600

> But getting back to the other issue, PDFMaker converts Word TOC,
> bookmarks, and hyperlinks to Acrobat bookmarks. If you just print to
> file and distill, you have to add all of those features manually. So,
> no, they are not equivalent methods.

Ahh - you're right, of course, Dick - I had forgotten in the middle of this
that the poster was using Word. In Frame, you _can_ include the Acrobat
data when you print to a PS file using the Distiller printer driver. Word
doesn't have this option. My mistake - thanks.

> Chris, in diagreeing with you above, I'm not trying to beat you up; I
> just want to help ensure that people get correct information.

:) That's okay. These kinds of things are teaching moments, and I figured
it doesn't hurt to include other common situations that might cause a
similar (though not exactly the same) error. Teach a person to fish, and
all that...

Chris Grant

AUTHORING TOOL for MS Word. SAVE $100 on the full version and $50 on the
upgrade. Offer ends 10/31/2002 (code: DTH102250).
http://www.componentone.com/d2hlist1002

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com