RE: Help: Flowchart Tool

Subject: RE: Help: Flowchart Tool
From: Mike Stockman <mstockman -at- mac -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 16:30:33 -0500

On 11/13/2002 3:51 PM, Lin Sims (linda -dot- sims -at- verizon -dot- net) wrote:

>Another shareware product is SmartDraw, which comes in three
>flavours. MUCH cheaper than Visio (close to 50%, I think), and as
>easy or easier to use (for my admittedly limited needs).

Even cheaper (can't beat free) and multi-platform is the open source Dia,
included with some installations of Gnome and found at
<http://www.lysator.liu.se/~alla/dia/> for XFree86 environments on
various platforms. The Windows version is found at
<http://dia-installer.sourceforge.net>.

It has a lot of the basic features that Visio has, including sheets (icon
templates) for various industries.

The EPS export needs minor cleanup before use, but it does DXF and simple
SVG export as well as other formats.

Hope this helps,
Mike

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com