RoboHelp and Clear Case version control software

Subject: RoboHelp and Clear Case version control software
From: "Gary Robinson" <GXR -at- ddpmi -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 10:02:48 -0500

I am authoring a JavaHelp online help system using RoboHelp 2002. My client uses Clear Case version control software on this development project. Earlier this year we had problems with corrupted help files and eHelp tech support advised that there were known problems with using version control software with RoboHelp. The system architect and I devised a simple workaround that allowed us to control access to the documents w/o using Clear Case. Now the client wants to reimplement the use of Clear Case for the help files. Has anyone successfully used this version control software with RoboHelp? I's appreciate learning any strategies you may have devised for using it. Many thanks.

Gary G. Robinson
Technical Communications Consultant
The Bartech Group, Inc.
currently on assignement with Delta Dental Plan of Michigan
gxr -at- ddpmi -dot- com

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com