RE: The Burden of Screen Captures

Subject: RE: The Burden of Screen Captures
From: "Diane Evans" <diane_evans -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 11:16:25 -0800

Cajun and Appalachian? The area in Louisiana and the mountains in the area
of West Virginia?

What kind of translation is that?

My children (now adults) are from a long line of Appalachians. Their ancestors first moved to the mountains of West Virginia in the 1600's, and didn't leave until after World War II.

I understand the Appalachian translation. Although my kids have never been to West Virginia (I don't think either has been east of the Mississippi, actually), if you put my older son on a front porch in a rocking chair with a shotgun and a yeller dog, he would fit right in. Ask him a question, and his most frequent answer is, "Ayup."

Diane Evans
Technical Writer and mother

Washington State Coordinator, Tombstone Project
http://www.rootsweb.com/~cemetery/washing.html
Oregon State Coordinator, Tombstone Project
http://www.rootsweb.com/~cemetery/oregon.html

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com