Re: A sobering encounter (So now what?)

Subject: Re: A sobering encounter (So now what?)
From: "Dana Worley" <dana -at- campbellsci -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 13:37:01 -0700

On 3 Dec 2002 at 9:56, Sarah Stegall wrote:

> Keith, why is it always the *writer's* fault when the documentation
> sucks?

>From my perspective, it IS my responsibility if the documentation
sucks. My job is to competently and accurately document the
product at hand. My job is to work closely enough with the
development team AND with the product, to know when functionality
changes and get those changes made to the documentation. My job
is to stand my ground -- and disagree with upper management if I
have to -- to make sure that the document I produce reflects the
product we ship. If I can't, or don't, do these things, then I have
completely and utterly failed to do MY JOB.

Personally speaking, if I don't do my job, then I can't even have
respect for myself, how could I expect others to have respect for
me?

Dana W.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com