RE: Description of Tech Writers

Subject: RE: Description of Tech Writers
From: Valerie Priester <hammerl -at- buffalo -dot- edu>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2002 10:08:28 -0500

I am a tech writer living in Buffalo.

It's the snowy season, so apparently I'll be homebound for most of the year. I must work from home, because the snow will just pile up outside (and never melt). It'll always be freezing, so I must wear gloves without fingertips to type on my pc. The ice scraper works great on the monitor, when the temperatures drop again and more snow blows in off the lake. Occasionally, I might need to tunnel out of the igloo --- er, house. I must be careful to not be caught outdoors in a blizzard, however, even in my parka and mucklucks. Not even if it means I have to stop splitting firewood in order to seek shelter.

If asked what I do for a living by anyone who wanders by in a storm seeking shelter, I now tell them I write fiction. It's easier to explain, and for some projects it's almost true.

Valerie Priester
hammerl -at- buffalo -dot- edu

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com