RE: All hail John Posada, the new TECHWHIRL King!!

Subject: RE: All hail John Posada, the new TECHWHIRL King!!
From: John Posada <JPosada -at- book -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 13:24:27 -0500

oh, MAN!....this is TRULY amazing.

Here in Highlands, NJ, on June 24th, my girlfriend and I stay up all night,
dance and sing around bonfires, drink beer, and eat Nacho Doritos...(well,
they're kinda-made with cheese).

Seriously...I've been amused at this whole thread...(of course, my
girlfriend thinks all of you are certifiable), but a couple of people have
emailed me offline asking if I'm somewhat embarrassed at this thread.

Well, they don't know me, do they, Keith?

However, apparently, it embarrasses them, so as my first and last request as
king, let's let this thread die. Understand, I cannot change the way you
think or what you discuss around the dinner table, but since it really
doesn't have to do with technical writing, it really is OT.

So...thanks for the attention and I'll make sure that the rest of the
royalty on the list descend to rub shoulders with the great unwashed on
occasion.

Thanks, guys...

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer
Barnes&Noble.com
jposada -at- book -dot- com
212-414-6656
"Be accurate...the 4am wakeup call you prevent could be your manager's"

What a coincidence! Here in Quebec, we celebrate the day by staying up all
night, dancing and singing around bonfires, drinking beer, and eating
cheese-and-gravy-covered french fries :-)

----

I thought John's day was June 24. At least, it is in Latvia, where they
celebrate midsummer in the great pagan spirit, by staying up all night,
dancing and singing around bonfires, drinking beer, and eating cheese.
("Night" at that time of year at that latitude lasts from around 11:30
p.m. until 3:30 a.m.)

---

> Now, Saint John has a nice ring to it. How about Saint John of
> Posada? We could have a virtual parade every year on December 4th
> and forward his picture (in lieu of a plaster statue) to everyone we
> know, adding photos of flowers at every time it appears in our In
> mailbox.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com