RE: Anyone know anything about The Help Factory?

Subject: RE: Anyone know anything about The Help Factory?
From: "Sharon Burton-Hardin" <sharon -at- anthrobytes -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 07:56:27 -0800

Since I started this -

1. I don't think it is a scam, I actually wanted to know who it was to get a
better idea of the competition. So many tech writing outsourcing companies
have failed this year...

2. In this economy, if this fellow can make this work to get new business in
the door, I am envious I didn't think of it. I may come up with something
like it.

3. I found him on Overture, where I advertise, spending a lot of money on
certain keywords - way more than the others who are bidding on those key
words. That means he is willing to pay up to $2 a click for certain
keywords. That made me wonder, as that is possibly a lot of money. The next
closest bids are about $1 a click.

4. The lack of direct contact info always makes me wonder, but perhaps he is
a very small shop wanting to look like a larger shop. Nothing wrong with
that, but a general location in the US would be nice. Not needed, just nice
to see. Again, wondering who the competition is.

5. Considering I am sitting on large invoices that are 50 days old for a
client with a 30 payment cycle - they are just a little slow right now, they
tell me, but will cut the check on Monday - I don't think billing the way he
wants is a bad idea. I know my client will pay because they have in the past
and they are very large, but with the smaller amounts, it can be much harder
to get paid, believe it or not. So his billing method makes sense.

sharon

Sharon Burton-Hardin
CEO, Anthrobytes Consulting
909-369-8590