Re: New to Technical Writing

Subject: Re: New to Technical Writing
From: Anthony Davey <ant -at- ant-davey -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2002 14:47:47 +0000

Shannon,

I would have to recommend (at least) the first two years of the Sheffield Hallam University MA in Technical Communication (based in the UK, but it's distance learning so that may not be an issue). It teaches the stuff about writing that everybody who does it ought to know.

Good luck and best wishes,
Ant

Caldwell, Shannon wrote:

My question is about education for Technical Writing. I am new to technical writing but not to the technology field. My background is in systems and network administration. I have also worked on software development. I am looking to expand my technical career into technical communications. I feel a better fit with this than systems support. I have researched some of the education links on TECHWR-l and the local chapter STC website and soon became overwhelmed. I would really like to take online courses. Any suggestions from anyone.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com