RE: Beaten by the mob

Subject: RE: Beaten by the mob
From: John Posada <JPosada -at- book -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 16:00:24 -0500

>I would find interesting to find out how this may or may not have changed
>her relationship with the other programmers. I suppose my opinion is, if
>her response improves her relationship with her other programmers, her
>response was appropriate. If her relationship with them worsens, then her
>response was wrong. I would be really interested in how it turns out.

Samuel...it is too soon to tell whether the relationship has changed.
However, what I HAVE noticed is that I've received two inquires from the NOC
on what is the best way to find data that may be contained in the docs. Keep
in mind that we're talking about almost 1500 pages of pretty dense data,
tables, and diagrams.

I met with them this morning, installed Reader 5.1 with Catalog and showed
them how to perform better searching across documents to find data that
isn't obvious.

I don't know if it changed her stature, but it changed my doc's stature.

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer
Barnes&Noble.com
jposada -at- book -dot- com
212-414-6656
icq: 178047452
aim: jposada1
"When you only have two minutes to do
something that takes three, wait until you have three"

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com