RE: high cost of print cartridges

Subject: RE: high cost of print cartridges
From: "Kat Nagel, MasterWork Consulting" <mlists -at- masterworkconsulting -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 14:31:20 -0500

At 12:02 PM -0700 1/29/03, JB Foster wrote:

Not trying to scare anyone ... but I doubt most of you know what comes out of these machines (laser printers). And if you knew what it does to your lungs over time - you'd be thinking twice too - about using one in a SOHO (or at least in the same room). [snip] So I have to stay with an ink-jet. I'll stick to the good-old-fashion ink-jet printer, and do the final print on someone else's laser-printer!

Interesting. That sort of concern was what finally got me to move my inkjet out of my office to another room and switch all my daily print jobs to the laser. I was getting asthma attacks, itchy eyes, and sore throats from the constant irritation of the surfactants in the liquid ink that were vaporized as the ink dried.

I guess, like most things, there is quite a bit of variability in the junk given off by different brands/models of printer AND in a specific person's reaction to it.

--
Kat Nagel,
who just finished the monthly maintenance on her office air filter, and found no sign of her printer's microtonor or much of anything else except cat hair.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com