RE: Tree View Terminology

Subject: RE: Tree View Terminology
From: Sean Hower <hokumhome -at- freehomepage -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 08:22:34 -0800 (PST)

Korth, Deanna
What term do you use to describe in documentation the actual file structure that expands and collapses?
We use Browser Display to refer to the pane, and Hierarchical Tree to refer to the collapsible structure.

Tree view sounds like jargon to me.
There's nothing wrong with jargon is it's what your target audience uses. :-) Personally, I don't like "tree view" either. There's just something about it. But hey, that's just me! :-)

"And in the morning, I'm makin waffles." ~ Donkey
Sean Hower - tech writer

Create your own web site for FREE at

Select your own custom email address for FREE! Get you -at- yourchoice -dot- com w/No Ads, 6MB, POP & more!


Buy or upgrade to RoboHelp X3 today and receive the WebHelp
Merge Module for FREE ($299 value). RoboHelp X3's all-new
features include conditional text, completely re-engineered
printed documentation output, Context-sensitive Help Toolkit,
single-source layouts, and more!
Order online today at

You are currently subscribed to techwr-l as:
archive -at- raycomm -dot- com
To unsubscribe send a blank email to leave-techwr-l-obscured -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Send administrative questions to ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com -dot- Visit for more resources and info.

Previous by Author: RE: EPS editor
Next by Author: credit check for interviews
Previous by Thread: Re: Tree View Terminology
Next by Thread: RE: Tree View Terminology

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads