Re: credit check for interviews

Subject: Re: credit check for interviews
From: John Garison <john -at- garisons -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2003 11:35:53 -0500

I heard the same story, and my question would be "How would you know?" I think they said that the company doesn't need your permission to run a credit check, so they could just do it and you would never know what happened.

In a similar vein, the Boston Globe ran a story in the magazine section yesterday about Googling and the effect that it can have on someone's chances for a job (or date!). See http://www.boston.com/globe/magazine/2003/0202/coverstory.htm for the article.

At 08:24 AM 2/3/2003 -0800, Sean Hower wrote:

Hey all.
Last Friday, NPR ran a story about how companies run credit checks on potential employees. I was surprised, I don't think this has happened to me....has this happened to anyone else? Under what conditions did this occur? What were the results?

I'm just curious, because that's the sort of fellow I am. :-)

"And in the morning, I'm makin waffles." ~ Donkey
Sean Hower - tech writer

John Garison

Logophile, thaumaturgist, neologist, scribe

single-source layouts, and more!

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com