RE: credit check for interviews

Subject: RE: credit check for interviews
From: "tom -dot- green -at- iwon -dot- com" <tom -dot- green -at- iwon -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 11:54:59 -0500 (EST)

>>It's fairly straightforward, Tom. If someone claimed that he made $100,000 on his last job and the credit check shows that he was really making $40,000, or if it confirmed that he was making $100,000 but couldn't keep up with his car payments, the employer might have reason to question his honesty (in the first case) or the possibility that he was concealing an expensive and possibly perfomance-impairing habit (in the second instance).<<

Honesty? ok, here's a scenario. Suppose you had a divorce recently, or just fell on hard times (bad things do happen to good people) and your credit has been messed up, or someone commited identity theft on your account and totally ruined your credit.

You are put in the embarassing situation of having explain that to your new "Boss." Is that right and fair? I think not.

Can a Web portal forever change your life?
Win up to $25 Million on iWon - http://www.iwon.com

single-source layouts, and more!

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com