Re: TW -> QA

Subject: Re: TW -> QA
From: kcronin -at- daleen -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 21:24:39 -0700

If your company has been at all shaken up by the economic downturn many of
us have experienced, I would take a long hard look at which position you
thought offered the most longevity - QA or documentation.

In many firms, tech writers are among the first to be cut. If you feel a
move to QA would strengthen your position in the company, I'd take it. If
you think your chances are even in either position, pick the job you
actually *like* the most.

Good luck!

Keith Cronin
who in the early 90's worked in the merchandising department of Warner
Bros, where the QA department was responsible for things like ensuring
that the ears on Bugs Bunny plush toys were the appropriate length.

single-source layouts, and more!

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com