Re: Billing and time tracking solutions

Subject: Re: Billing and time tracking solutions
From: "Karen L. Zorn" <klzorn -at- zorntech -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 10:45:20 -0700

>Thomas Bilbo asked:
> I was wondering what software or solutions (MS Excel spreadsheets, etc)
> people use to track time and facilitate billing for multiple clients?

If you are an individual or a small company, I recommend QuickBooks Pro from
Intuit. It provides bookkeeping services, payroll, money management,
invoicing, receivables, payables, time tracking. At the end of each quarter,
I can generate Federal tax reports. At the end of the year, the file goes to
the bookkeeper who reviews the files and prepares the end-of-year reports
for the Feds and the CPA. I track multiple clients, multiple projects and
billing rates. The software has more that I've listed above, many functions
that I'll probably never use. It works for me quite well and I'm very happy
with it.

Karen L. Zorn
Zorn Technologies, Inc.
Mesa, AZ