RE: Single-sourcing Tool

Subject: RE: Single-sourcing Tool
From: "Sue Ahrenhold" <SAhrenhold -at- IpdSolution -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 12:45:09 -0500

Peter - I would be looking at single-sourcing using the Web Help option from RoboHelp.

This produces a non-compiled HTML help file that can be hooked into the product and run from the application server.

You can also produce compiled HTML help, as needed, and the paper documentation production has improved from previous RoboHelp releases, in my NSH opinion.

More Details:
Small, but growing cash based company, that really thinks hard before
plopping down $1,500 in new tools. However, was quick to purchase
RoboHelp for HTML Help X3 for $300.

This is the tool I currently have. I just found out we have 1 customer
on UNIX, so I will now need to create a pure HTML-based help, not solely
the Microsoft version.

So, I've got a smallish help system and doc set to build, but the
company is striving for quarterly releases of its product. Tech Writer
will be just one of my responsibilities, and I don't want to have to
continually work with docs.

single-source layouts, and more!

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com