RE: Hyperlinking terms to glossary...

Subject: RE: Hyperlinking terms to glossary...
From: "Robert Wisbey" <robert-wisbey -at- scitech-consultants -dot- co -dot- uk>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 23:15:35 +0100

Proceed as follows:
A. Create "newlink makers" in your glossary.

Place newlink markers in your glossary with each term. For example for
the term DOS, you'd place a newlink maker called dos as follows:

1. Place cursor on the term in the glossary.
2. Select Hypertext from the Special drop-down list.
3. From the box that appears type: newlink DOS or newlink dos , etc. 4.
Click the "Newlink button" to create the marker.

Repeat 1 to 4 for all terms in your glossary.

B. Create "gotolink markers" throughout your document.

Now, in the rest of your document you want to place "gotolink" makers to
point to the "newlink markers" you created in your glossary.

The following steps are for if you are referencing within the same

1. Place cursor on the term in the body text that you want to jump to
the glossary (in our example DOS). 2. Select Hypertext from the Special
drop-down list. 3. From the box that appears type: gotolink DOS or
gotolink dos , etc.
Note: the marker is case sensitive
4. Click the "Newlink button" to create the marker.

Repeat 1 to 4 for all gotolink markers you require.

If you are referencing from another chapter or book, you must include
the full path to the glossary and the entry in the glossary. I forget
exactly how to doe this at the moment as I have not done this for a
while, and it's late here in France (11 PM) ;-). But I think you would
do something similar to the following for step 3.

gotolink <fullpath>\<name of newlink>

Or gotolink ..\\DOS

Or gotolink .\\DOS

I hope this helps.