RE: Why they don't ask for candidates by technology skills.

Subject: RE: Why they don't ask for candidates by technology skills.
From: John Posada <JPosada -at- book -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 10:45:44 -0500

>When I hire someone, my number one requirement is that the person is a
quick
>study. That skill, however, is very difficult to ascertain in an interview.

Is it?

Look at the person's portfolio and the resume. If the resume is full of
relatively short gigs of 6 months to a year, and the portfolio covers a wide
range of subjects that aren't related to each other, yet require technical
understanding, then chances are the person can pick stuff up at a decent
speed.

OTOH, if the portfolio has only users guides or help files, then it would be
taking a chance to throw programmer documentation at them and vice versa.

John Posada

single-source layouts, and more!

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com