Re: Get paid

Subject: Re: Get paid
From: Andrew Plato <gilliankitty -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 11:07:04 -0800 (PST)

Yes, I have had that happen as well. The people want some kind of justification
for their way of doing things, so they solicit proposals from consultants as
proof that their way is the right way.

I've gotten better these days at qualifying customers. Its not an easy thing to
do, because you don't want to scare them off. But, you've got to ask those hard
questions, like "do you have any money for this?"

Andrew Plato

--- Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com> wrote:
> Andrew Plato wrote:
>
> >Likewise, some places are just pure scum and will engage diligent,
> hard-working
> >consultants for the sole purpose of sucking a good proposal out of them that
> >they can turn around and hand over to an "approved vendor."
> >
> My own pet peeve is companies where the proposal to conslult is part of
> an ongoing power struggle within the company. Several times in the past
> few months, I've opened talks with companies and been at the point of
> drawing up the contract only to find that the person I've been talking
> to either lacks the authority to approve the contract, or that there's
> been an internal coup, and the contract has been vetoed.

http://shopping.yahoo.com

single-source layouts, and more!

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com