Re: System Specs

Subject: Re: System Specs
From: "Tom Herme" <therme -at- charter -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 07:40:03 -0600

This was a recent thread on the list, and this link was suggested:

Not sure how current the content is in terms of 'best practice.' It looks a
bit dated.
Are you writing functional specs., as in, "the system will do this, that, or
the other thing...."?
It doesn't sound like you are writing detailed (code level) designs.

> I have been given the task of writing a high-level System Spec for our
> company. This will be a new journey for me, as I've never written a spec
> before, but I'm actually looking forward to the experience (sort of).
> I have many questions, and would appreciate any help or suggestions.
> What kind of information goes into a "high-level" spec?
> Can anyone recommend a good template or resources on writing a system
> TIA,
> Lisa

single-source layouts, and more!
Order online today at