Arbortext vs. AuthorIT vs. ???

Subject: Arbortext vs. AuthorIT vs. ???
From: "Vest,Greg" <GVEST -at- cerner -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 13:18:05 -0600

> We are heading in the direction of single-sourcing. In the tool
> evaluation process, Arbortext Epic and AuthorIT seem to be the
> front-runners for us so far. Can anyone offer
> experience/evaluation/comparisons between these two? Are there better
> solutions out there?
>
> We are looking for a solution that will allow for text reuse among
> approximately 40 documentation developers who produce a Help format, web
> content, and good clean printable stuff as well. We'd like the ability to
> use conditional text down to the character level. Solid, clean outputs,
> training and setup time, difficulty of converting current .DOC and .HLP
> files - anything you have experience on that would help with our decision
> would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

> Greg Vest gvest -at- cerner -dot- com
> SurgiNet Documentation Developer
> Cerner Corporation

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

This message and any included attachments
are from Cerner Corporation and are intended
only for the addressee. The information
contained in this message is confidential and
may constitute inside or non-public information
under international, federal, or state
securities laws. Unauthorized forwarding,
printing, copying, distribution, or use of such
information is strictly prohibited and may be
unlawful. If you are not the addressee, please
promptly delete this message and notify the
sender of the delivery error by e-mail or you
may call Cerner's corporate offices in Kansas
City, Missouri, U.S.A at (+1) (816)221-1024.

single-source layouts, and more!

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com