Re: Educational areas to pursue

Subject: Re: Educational areas to pursue
From: Jan Henning <henning -at- r-l -dot- de>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 19:22:42 +0100

Now, if I have missed some nuance in what you or Beth said, then by all means
please re-explain it to me.

Of course. Beth wrote:

Make sure the educational routes you pursue enhance YOUR skills and career, not just satisfy the employer.

As you pointed out yourself, simply refusing to learn something that your employer demands of you puts your career in peril and doesn't enhance it. So she was obviously not advocating that.

However, don't waste time with pointless attacks
over how I misunderstood you or mangled your words. If you feel misunderstood
then expand upon your ideas and enlighten me. Explain what I misunderstood and
why.

I did just that in my recent post. What's your point here?

But remember, I am well within bounds to disagree with your idea(s).

Absolutely.

And disagreement is not synonymous with misunderstanding.

Correct again. And you appear to haven't been disagreeing with my ideas but to have misunderstood them. I hope that's cleared up now.

Regards
Jan Henning

Jan Henning
ROSEMANN & LAURIDSEN GMBH
Am Schlossberg 14, D-82547 Eurasburg, Germany

Phone: +49 700 0200 0700, Fax: +49 8179 9307-12
E-Mail: henning -at- r-l -dot- de, Web: www.r-l.de

LAST CHANCE for this steal of a deal! Purchase RoboHelp X3 by February 28
and receive $100 mail-in rebate and FREE WebHelp Merge Module ($339 value)!
RoboHelp, the Industry Standard in Help Authoring, has won over 55 industry
awards. For more information please visit: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l2.

"RoboHelp X3 is simply remarkable." - George Bell, Techno-Vision Systems

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com