Alt-# sequences

Subject: Alt-# sequences
From: "Kent, Paul" <PKent -at- amgen -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 08:29:07 -0800

I was trying to accurately mimic a symbol (in text) that had been entered as
part of an equation yesterday. The insert symbol version of pi (p )was not
a very good match, so I surmised that the Alt-{4 digit number} version of
the symbol might be. The only sequence I currently use frequently enough to
remember is Alt-0181. (It's a kind-of italicized version of the m symbol.)
I know for FrameMaker, MicroType has nicely documented all of the symbols
under the sun. But for Word (and I guess for anything else that accepts
ANSI keystrokes), can anyone direct me to a list of which symbol maps to
each key sequence? There used to be one in the old PageMaker manuals, now I
bet it's up on the web somewhere.

LAST CHANCE for this steal of a deal! Purchase RoboHelp X3 by February 28
and receive $100 mail-in rebate and FREE WebHelp Merge Module ($339 value)!
RoboHelp, the Industry Standard in Help Authoring, has won over 55 industry
awards. For more information please visit: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l2.

"RoboHelp X3 is simply remarkable." - George Bell, Techno-Vision Systems

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com