AW: Why JPGs for screen captures?

Subject: AW: Why JPGs for screen captures?
From: "Ternes, Andreas" <aternes -at- invitec -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 13:21:32 +0100

Hi Anu,

The URL for the Yale Web Style Guide, 2nd ed. is:

Andreas Ternes

technical writer
Düsseldorfer Landstr. 17
D-47249 Duisburg
fon +49 (0)203 7129-311
fax +49 (0)203 7129-333
aternes -at- invitec -dot- com

Anu Biswas wrote:
>>I have been reading the section on Graphic File Formats under Web Graphics
in the much acclaimed Web Style Guide by Patrick Lynch and Sarah Horton. It
also talks about .png files and generally provides a fantastic reason why
each is used to meet different objectives. It's definitely worth spending
time over. The online version is available, but I am not sure of the URL.<<

LAST CHANCE for this steal of a deal! Purchase RoboHelp X3 by February 28
and receive $100 mail-in rebate and FREE WebHelp Merge Module ($339 value)!
RoboHelp, the Industry Standard in Help Authoring, has won over 55 industry
awards. For more information please visit:

"RoboHelp X3 is simply remarkable." - George Bell, Techno-Vision Systems

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com