RE: Poll?

Subject: RE: Poll?
From: "Dick Margulis " <margulis -at- mail -dot- fiam -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 14:13:47 -0500

"Anita Legsdin" <anita -dot- legsdin -at- watchmark -dot- com> wrote:
>Judge not, lest ye be judged. No question is silly--the fact that we ask
>all possible questions qualifies us as writers. We demonstrate ourselves
>to be good writers when we can paraphrase in a manner so as not to
>offend. It's OK to disagree with the question, but assigning a label to
>the questioner invites bad feelings and flaming.

I did not, do not, and would not judge the questioner. I reserve the right to discriminate between classes of questions, however. I have been asked silly questions by people I respect. I've asked them myself. The law, basic morality, and common decency require that we not discriminate against persons. It does not require that we eschew discriminating among things, however.

LAST CHANCE for this steal of a deal! Purchase RoboHelp X3 by February 28
and receive $100 mail-in rebate and FREE WebHelp Merge Module ($339 value)!
RoboHelp, the Industry Standard in Help Authoring, has won over 55 industry
awards. For more information please visit:

"RoboHelp X3 is simply remarkable." - George Bell, Techno-Vision Systems

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com