RE: Subject Matter Expertise-YES!

Subject: RE: Subject Matter Expertise-YES!
From: "Sharon Burton-Hardin" <sharon -at- anthrobytes -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 14:02:44 -0800

My favorite example of this was a student. First day of class, we are doing
the student intros (Intro to Tech writing). This lovely, attractive woman in
the back of the room introduces herself as the Admin Assistant at her
workplace. The employer sent her to the class so she can learn how to write
the company user manuals.

"They think that I can do that because I recently had an article published
in Cosmo," she said, laughter filling her face.

I fell apart with laughter too, as did the rest of the class. When I
recovered, I said, "It does seem the next logical step, doesn't it..."

sharon

Sharon Burton-Hardin
CEO, Anthrobytes Consulting
909-369-8590