Linking one PDF to several PDFs

Subject: Linking one PDF to several PDFs
From: "Nealon, Jessica" <Jessica -dot- Nealon -at- McKesson -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 17:17:44 -0500

As many of you know, we live in the myth of the paperless office and, as
such, need to distribute our doc libraries on CD. Our quick solution is to
PDF a Welcome page file that opens from an Autorun program when the CD is
inserted. We program buttons on the Welcome PDF file to link to and open the
rest of the PDFs on the CD - the link is to the entire PDF, not a specific
location within it.

I have noticed that Acrobat wants to save and close the Welcome PDF every
time it opens another PDF. It then re-opens the Welcome PDF when you use the
Navigation buttons to link back. After a while of testing the links, I get
messages that the Welcome PDF file has been saved so many times and is
getting very large.

A couple questions for someone who knows Acrobat:

1. Is this an Acrobat thing? Meaning, will the Welcome PDF save and close
repeatedly like this for a user who is using only the Reader?
2. Is there something I can do either in Acrobat or during distillation
(from Word) to prevent the saving, closing, then re-opening when linking
between PDF?

Regards,

Jessica Nealon
Technical Writer

Regards,

Jessica Nealon
Technical Writer

Order RoboHelp Office X3 by March 14 and receive a $100 mail-in rebate,
plus FREE WebHelp Merge Module and FREE iMarkup Software, for a
total giveaway value of $439! Order today at http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com