RE: Gender neutral - any new developments in your neck of the woods?

Subject: RE: Gender neutral - any new developments in your neck of the woods?
From: eric -dot- dunn -at- ca -dot- transport -dot- bombardier -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 12:26:54 -0500

>>My own personal favorite is history -- "his story"

In university, there were many posters for herstory lectures and
wymyn/wimin/womyn's group meetings. Got to get the 'men' out of women.

>>And then, this morning, our 30-year-old manager stopped by documentation and
asked "How are you girls doing?"

Yet in many situations, group leaders will refer to 'the boys'. To a group of
men, you're hanging with the boys, or out with the guys. It's bizarre and
annoying. The same women who are all upset about 'he' being used as gender
neutral will not blink an eye if refered to as one of the guys or boys.
<ARRRGGHHHH!>

Eric L. Dunn

Order RoboHelp Office X3 by March 14 and receive a $100 mail-in rebate,
plus FREE WebHelp Merge Module and FREE iMarkup Software, for a
total giveaway value of $439! Order today at http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com