Elearning advice

Subject: Elearning advice
From: "Deeprose, Michelle - HDS" <Michelle -dot- Deeprose -at- hayslogistics -dot- co -dot- uk>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 15:34:40 -0000

Hi

I have been given the task of developing web-based training made up of
tutorials containing avi files, screenshots with annotations, graphics and
audio. I need to also include tests with feedback. The training will be
undertaken with and without an instructor being present.
I have looked at Demoshield which has impressed me, taken a brief look at
DazzlerDeluxe which was uninspiring, and looked at Macromedia's products,
Director and Authorware which may be overkill.

I have taken a look at services offered by Onpoint, Epath, and EDT learning,
I am interested in their courseware , user management and the performance
tracking features but they do not seem to offer the courseware building
software. Seemingly on the whole, you need to buy bolt-on software to create
the training material.

Any pointers about which software and services I should be looking at would
be very helpful and any advice, resources and books recommendations would be
excellent.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards
Michelle Deeprose
Systems Documentor
Hays Logistics
Tel: 01908 304057
Fax: 01908 304070
Email: michelle -dot- deeprose -at- hayslogistics -dot- co -dot- uk

legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you should
not disclose, copy or use any part of it - please delete all copies
immediately and notify the Hays Group Email Helpdesk at
email -dot- helpdesk -at- hays -dot- com
Any information, statements or opinions contained in this message
(including any attachments) are given by the author. They are not
given on behalf of Hays unless subsequently confirmed by an individual
other than the author who is duly authorised to represent Hays.

A member of the Hays plc group of companies.
Hays plc is registered in England and Wales number 2150950.
Registered Office Hays House Millmead Guildford Surrey GU2 4HJ.

Order RoboHelp Office X3 by March 14 and receive a $100 mail-in rebate,
plus FREE WebHelp Merge Module and FREE iMarkup Software, for a
total giveaway value of $439! Order today at http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com