RE: Maximum File Size For Word Documents

Subject: RE: Maximum File Size For Word Documents
From: Sean Brierley <seanb_us -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 10:13:11 -0800 (PST)

Oh, no offense taken. I appreciate David's
contributions and I take his posts in the manner they
are offered; I don't read anything sinister into them.
;?)

--- dmbrown -at- brown-inc -dot- com wrote:

> Watson Laughton wrote:
> >
> > <koff, koff>
>

> When I wrote "What a load of baloney" I did not mean
> it as a personal attack.
>
> I was referring to the debating tactic applied,
> specifically that the examples used to counter my
> position had nothing to do with the point I was
> actually trying to make.

Actually, I was mimicking your argument and the flaws
you call out in my examples are similar to the ones in
the conclusion you imply in your example.

>If millions of people use a piece of software for
years and years, over multiple revisions, they must
regard its use as beneficial; otherwise, they'd stop
using it.

That is, just because lots of people use Word doesn't
mean that Word is beneficial either for the lots of
people who are using it or anyone else. The
circumstances of the lots of people cannot be ignored.
Just as, in the case of the car or the restaurant, the
circumstances cannot be ignored.

Cheers,

Sean

Order RoboHelp X3 and receive a $100 mail-in rebate, plus FREE
RoboScreenCapture, WebHelp Merge Module and iMarkupSoftware, for a total
giveaway value of $473! Order here: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com