Re: shortsighted or realistic?

Subject: Re: shortsighted or realistic?
From: jenny_berger -at- fairfieldresidential -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 15:34:54 -0600

This could go a few ways:

1. If they're keeping their corporate heads above water, then this
statement might indicate that they're being frugal with their resources
and putting them where they'll do the most good in terms of generating
revenue (and sticking around for the long haul).

2. If they're going bankrupt, then this statement might indicate that
they're just riding things out until the very end, so having online help
really doesn't matter.

3. Regardless of business situation, they might already produce a
printed/PDF doc and don't see the need, in this post-boom economy, to
spend more money on putting the same stuff in a help file.

That the website is still up doesn't really mean anything -- often it's
the last thing to be taken down when a company goes under. For all you
know they could be filing bankruptcy right now or they could really be
just going about their regular business with a skeleton crew. Overall, it
seems difficult to judge definitively their attitude about online help
because: 1) we don't know their business situation, 2) we don't know how
complex the product is, 3) we don't know the target market for the product
(e.g., developers, biz execs, etc.) or their competence level with similar
products.

Jenny Berger
Technical Writer
Information Systems
Fairfield Residential

"Writer Whirler" <a_whirler -at- hotmail -dot- com>
Sent by: bounce-techwr-l-115343 -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
03/26/2003 03:06 PM
Please respond to "Writer Whirler"

To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
cc:
Subject: shortsighted or realistic?

"Online help is a nice feature, but honestly not many people use it.
Should
you have any questions or problems regarding [Company Name] or would like
help with our web site, please email us at Support@ XXXXXXX.com. We will
respond to your message as quickly as possible. Also, please provide us
with
a phone number where we can reach you during business hours."

Whaddya think of this one? :|

Order RoboHelp X3 and receive a $100 mail-in rebate, plus FREE
RoboScreenCapture, WebHelp Merge Module and iMarkupSoftware, for a total
giveaway value of $473! Order here: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com