RE: Need feedback

Subject: RE: Need feedback
From: John Posada <JPosada -at- book -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 09:18:01 -0500

Make them work to give you the change. Tell them that since you have all
that you do, in order to keep track and for project management reasons, they
must submit a form for each change that you can keep track of in a DB.

On that form, they need to identify the current problem, the suggested
change, the reason for making the change and the impact of the original
error in terms of customer/cost impact, maybe a signoff from a supv, etc.
Make them work for the ability. If they don't prepare the form properly or
if they don't base it on business acceptable reasons, pass it back and only
accept complete requests, with a copy to your management to show what you
are using your time on.

Then after you make the change, you submit the whole chapter back to them
with a copy of the form and request that they verify the change and sign off
on the form, and without the signoff, the change doesn't get into the
release.

They may go along with this at first, but after awhile, it will be such a
drag that the request will come further and further apart.

After all, who can fault you for wanting to keep track of their requests to
make sure that you are being completely responsive to their needs?