RE: Question-How independent is "independent contractor status?"

Subject: RE: Question-How independent is "independent contractor status?"
From: John Posada <JPosada -at- book -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 14:04:41 -0500

Sara...without us telling you what rights you have or don't have, you can be
an independent contractor with somewhere to work every day, or you can be an
independent contractor who doesn't. Trust me...the former is way more fun.
Besides, when you're home on your butt, we're not going to pay your rent.

>If I'm an independent contractor...then "must" I conform to their work
>hours? Do I have the option of working from home? Say maybe one day a

Go to work. Prove yourself. Be wonderful. The more you excel, the more
freedom they'll let you have. Be of value and they'll see it your way. Be of
GREAT value and they'll give you even more freedom than you could have
hoped.

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer
Barnes&Noble.com
jposada -at- book -dot- com
NY: 212-414-6656
Dayton: 732-438-3372
"Alright, nobody move! I've got a dragon here, and I'm not afraid to use it"
---------- Donkey

Order RoboHelp X3 and receive a $100 mail-in rebate, plus FREE
RoboScreenCapture, WebHelp Merge Module and iMarkupSoftware, for a total
giveaway value of $473! Order here: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com