Re: Why? Here's Why!

Subject: Re: Why? Here's Why!
From: "I. Ljaljicic" <isljam -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 08:14:44 -0800 (PST)

Tara Charter wrote:
Why do we spend all day (and half our lives) working
our bony structures into bruised metacarpal pools of
broken down, shriveled hunks of casket fodder on
something that will be out-of-date yesterday that
nobody wants and even less people will actually review
or even care to read?
<SNIP>

We do it for ourselves, not for anyone else. Just
like a Car mechanic loves working under the hood for
the satisfaction that grease on his hands, the smell
of oil and an engine with a nice rumble to it give
him. (not for the customer standing on the side
patiently).
I had a teacher tell me this back in highschool, and
ill never forget it "You get an idea, do your best to
put it on paper. When you've done this, you must
simply improve it until YOU like it." He was an art
teacher, but i think this statement applies to
anything we can do with our minds.
Having a manager or someone critisize your work
is just part of the game, learning to deal with it is
part of the game. as is having your documents be
outdated at some juncture. Its a thankless job, but if
you like to do it, thanks should be irrelevant.

http://tax.yahoo.com

Order here: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com