RE: Responsibility, blame, managers, and getting the job done

Subject: RE: Responsibility, blame, managers, and getting the job done
From: John Posada <JPosada -at- book -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 09:25:47 -0400

I've been staying out of this conversation because there is no right answer.
I only have one comment.

> I've been seeing here lately are excuses for not producing perfect
documents.

There is no such thing as perfect documentation because what determines
"perfect" is completely subjective and what you may think is, I don't and
what I may think is, you won't.

Likewise, there is not such thing as errorless documentation because since
what one person may think should be included and if wrong, is an error, the
next person may believe that it shouldn't even be in the document in the
first place, so right or wrong, the fact that it is, makes the document
errored.

Also, since 100% document accuracy is based on the state of the product at a
specific point in time, as soon as the time changes, so does the state of
the product, and hence, the error-state of the documentation.

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer
Barnes&Noble.com
jposada -at- book -dot- com
NY: 212-414-6656
Dayton: 732-438-3372
"Alright, nobody move! I've got a dragon here, and I'm not afraid to use it"
---------- Donkey

Order here: http://www.ehelp.com/products/robohelp/

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com