RE: Skills matrix

Subject: RE: Skills matrix
From: tvirostko -at- familydollar -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 12:01:05 -0400

Interesting, we just finished something similar for a consulting company.
One area they covered which you didn't was User Experience Interaction
(yeah, LOTS of consultant speak in this).

UEI covered Information Architecture (more consultant speak) for Content
Grouping, Site Mapping, Navigation Systems, and Knowledge Structure. It also
covered Interaction Design of workflows and Functional Specs; Content
Development in the form of writing or editing or planning; and Visual Design
covering Illustration to Style Guides and Visual Standards.

I think these areas, if you can translate the consultant speak, would fall
under the Tech Comm umbrella. They also covered specific tool skills.

HTH,
Anthony Virostko
IT Technical Writer
Family Dollar Stores, Inc.