Re: On the beach--again

Subject: Re: On the beach--again
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2003 12:50:15 -0700

Samuel -dot- Beard -at- tdcj -dot- state -dot- tx -dot- us wrote:

Hey Maggie,

It must be contagious!!
Maybe not. Yesterday, I landed a six month contract, and a smaller contract that should provide about 5% or so of my income over the next couple of years. I haven't had a double-header day since 2001, so naturally I'm a little giddy. I'm sure our downstairs neighbours didn't appreciate our little circle dance of glee when I found out, but that's another story.

(As an aside, the six month contract was the one I mentioned a few weeks ago, in which I was the only applicant to note at the top of of a test that, without any product knowledge, I could edit and illustrate how I would gain knowledge, but couldn't really do any technical writing. This comment was noted as "refreshing," and apparently seems to have paid off.)

"Pity the poor policemen, pity the boys in blue,
Always rushing about, they have got a job to do,
Blowing their whistles, chasing the likes of you,
Waiting on glory now."
- OysterBand, "Waiting on Glory"

Purchase RoboHelp X3 in April and receive a $100 mail-in rebate, plus FREE RoboScreenCapture and WebHelp Merge Module. Order here:

Check out the contests at

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com

Re: On the beach--again: From: Samuel . Beard