Re: On the beach--again

Subject: Re: On the beach--again
From: Samuel -dot- Beard -at- tdcj -dot- state -dot- tx -dot- us
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 14:17:43 -0500

Hey Maggie,

It must be contagious!! I just found out on Friday that I would be laid
off, along with about 12 others in my building and who knows HOW many
others throughout the Agency, that we would be laid off effective May 15th.
(Actually, the numbers for this go-round are something like 200 in the
Agency, I believe, with another round probably coming later this summer.)
This is part of a LARGE budget-deficit problem here in the wonderful state
of Texas. I started hitting the 'Net hard on the weekend and started trying
to network as much as I can in someplace that I've only lived in for a year
and worked in for only 6 months! Not too easy to do, but I'm working on it!

Sam

Samuel I. Beard, Jr.
Technical Writer, Human Resources
Texas Department of Criminal Justice