Re: Survey

Subject: Re: Survey
From: Peter Harkins <ph-tw -at- malaprop -dot- org>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 21:18:53 -0700

On Tue, Apr 08, 2003 at 10:59:01AM -0400, XxDaNxNaDxX -at- aol -dot- com wrote:
> Hello, I am a student in NYC. As past of an assignment I was asked to
> conduct a survey. I would appreciate it if anyone who has the time to do
> this, please fill it out and send it back directly to me and not the list.

Perhaps because it's totally inappropriate for the list? As a student, I
would appreciate if you wouldn't go around doing such dumb things and giving
students a bad name.

To wrench this back on topic, here's Edward Tufte on Columbia evidence:

As was noted when the Columbia disaster happened, Tufte also did a great job
of analyzing data from the Challenger disaster. John Garison gave a link to
the following excerpt. I just recently read the book it appears in, and it's
a powerful section on communication.

Order here:

Check out the contests at

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com