Re: On the beach - again

Subject: Re: On the beach - again
From: "Bonnie Granat" <bgranat -at- editors-writers -dot- info>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 21:10:01 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bruce Byfield" <bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Cc: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Sent: April 10, 2003 09:18 PM

> Samuel -dot- Beard -at- tdcj -dot- state -dot- tx -dot- us wrote:
>
> > I, for one, certainly HOPE that's the case! On a similar note, I was
> >called yesterday by a contracting agency asking about my current situation.
> >They said they were updating their list of possible tech writers in
> >response to what they perceived as an increase in the market. This was in
> >Austin, TX, but I HAVE noticed more positions coming across on Monster.com,
> >at least.
> >

> It just keeps getting better. I got my copy of the six month contract
yesterday, and everything I was hoping to negotiate was already given me,
inclduing $10k more than I was quoted at the first interview.

> At the risk of sounding like Sally Fields, "They like me! They really,
really like me!"

I have some small good news on the economy, and personally. A large consulting
firm on the other side of the country said it could pay close to my requested
hourly rate for copyediting. I'd taken their test and will do my first job for
them this week. Now I feel emboldened and empowered to perhaps do some
marketing of myself locally. That is, not just respond to ads.

Bonnie Granat
Granat Editorial Services
http://www.editors-writers.info

Order here: http://www.ehelp.com/products/robohelp/