RE: Software Suggestions

Subject: RE: Software Suggestions
From: DGoldstein -at- DeusTech -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 07:22:42 -0600

I respectfully disagree. Since Sera was discussing screen captures that are edited and *saved*, I believe that it's preferable to use Insert|Picture|From File. I tested this with a PNG and got a smaller Word file than when I used Edit|Paste Special>Picture.

Dan Goldstein

Karen E. Black brightened 04/10/03 with:
> I use Photo Editor as well -- if you're pasting in Word, be sure to use
> Paste Special > Picture. The dialog says that Picture "occupies the least
> space on disk and displays the quickest in Word."
>
> PE is a very basic tool, but it's perfect for screen dumps. I also use it at
> home for scanning software.
>
> >From: "Sera Hill" <serpah -at- gmx -dot- net>
> >Check out Microsoft Photo Editor. It's a utility included in but rarely
> >installed in the MS Office Suite. You should be able to install it from
> >the CDs. Very simple. Has basic stuff in it for editing pictures, in
> >any format. For screen captures, you can just hit print screen and use
> >MS photo editor to edit/save that.

Order here: http://www.ehelp.com/products/robohelp/

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com