Re: Who cares about ethics?

Subject: Re: Who cares about ethics?
From: "Anameier, Christine A - Eagan, MN" <christine -dot- a -dot- anameier -at- usps -dot- gov>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 10:07:59 -0500

Keri Morgret asked about the ethics of doctoring up screenshots to
conserve space.

I do this all the time. I wouldn't radically rearrange the screen--it
has to closely resemble what the user sees, of course. But editing the
screen capture to eliminate dead space is absolutely fine as far as I'm
concerned, especially if it allows you to use the resulting image at
100% instead of resizing and losing legibility.

I'm also a big fan of cropping screen captures to show just the part
you're talking about at that moment, instead of trying to squish an
entire screen onto the page. I've expounded on this at length several
times before, so I'll just be quiet now. <g>

happy Friday,
Christine

Order here: http://www.ehelp.com/products/robohelp/

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com