RE: Hostility towards STC

Subject: RE: Hostility towards STC
From: John Posada <JPosada -at- book -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 17:11:58 -0400

I happen to believe that if this work is to be done right, the definition of
Professional fits just fine.

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer
jposada -at- book -dot- com
NY: 212-414-6656
Dayton: 732-438-3372
Although she lives with seven other men, she's not easy.
------ Magic Mirror

John Posada wrote:

> >I disagree. STC could not have been any
> >more than it is unless technical
> >communication were in fact a profession.
> That's certainly your right. You just have no idea how much I disagree.

Well no, not until you tell me. ;-)

But the question here is a perfectly plain and simple one. Here are
definitions of the terms from Onelook.

Occupation: the principal activity in your life that you do to earn money

Profession: any type of work which needs special training or a particular
skill, often one which is respected because it involves a high level of

Order here:

Check out the contests at

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com